The American Diatetics Association backed this proclamation from the start creating programs for many organizations, including schools.
National Nutrition Month was initially launched in 1973 in the United States as National Nutrition Week.
It was the result of a presidential proclamation.
The theme was “Invest in Yourself–Buy Nutrition”. Each year the theme changed. They even had a mascott: Nutribird!
At Circle Time, the children were given a basket of play food to choose from.
So much of our time is spent lesson planning, creating weekly and daily planning forms and listing out which preschool standard each activity aligns to. You know how much time this takes each week…..HOURS!
- 4 themes, aligned to my newly developed Preschool Plan It Standards.
- Each of the 4 themes has a printable activities you can print, laminate and use right away.
- Each activity is aligned to my Standards.
- Each week is organized into a weekly planning form AND daily planning form.
- Each daily planning form has a list of materials you’ll need each day.